What is WhatsApp Payment?
WhatsApp Pay is an online payment service. Which has been started from Whatsapp. WhatsApp Pay allows its users to do online money transactions through UPI (Unified Payments Interface). For information, let me tell you that WhatsApp Pay is currently available only in India.
WhatsApp was given permission by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in November 2020 to provide online payment service. However, initially it is limited to only 2 crore users.
Today there are many types of online payment apps available in the market such as Phonepe, Bhim App, Google Pay, Mobikwik, Amazon Pay etc. And all these are based on UPI which provides the facility to send and receive online payments. Similarly, any person can easily transact funds online to anyone using Whatsapp Pay.
Many of you will say that there is no payment option on my WhatsApp, so for your information, let me tell you that for this you will have to update your WhatsApp, only then the payment option will be shown in your WhatsApp. You can do this from your Google Play Store or Apple Store (for iPhone users).
How to add bank account for WhatsApp payment?
To make online payment through WhatsApp Pay in WhatsApp, first of all you need to link your bank account, which can be done by following the following steps.
First of all, update your WhatsApp and open WhatsApp in your mobile.
Now click on Menu or Three Dots on the top right side.
Now you will see the option of Payments, click on it.
After this, click on Add Payment Method and select your bank.
To get verified from the bank, an OTP will come on your mobile, enter it and proceed. The thing to note here is that your WhatsApp number should be the same which is linked to your bank account.
After all these things are done, now you will have to set a UPI Pin so that you can make online payment through Whatsapp Pay.
How to make payment through WhatsApp Pay?
Payment through WhatsApp Pay can be done by following the following steps.
- For this, first of all, open WhatsApp and open the WhatsApp chat of the person to whom you want to send money.
- Now click on the icon with the rupee symbol or click on the attachment icon and click on the Payment option.
- Now proceed by entering the amount of money you want to send. Along with this, you can also write a remark as to why you are sending the money.
- Now enter the UPI PIN and make the payment. In this way your payment will be completed.
- Apart from this, you can also send money by scanning QR Code. For this, click on Menu or Three Dots on the top right side.
- Now you will see the option of Payments, click on it.
- Now you can make payment by scanning the QR Code by clicking on Scan payment QR Code.
How to remove bank account from WhatsApp?
There are very easy steps to remove bank account from WhatsApp which are as follows.
- For this, open WhatsApp and click on the menu or three dots on the top right side.
- After this, the option of Payments will appear, click on it.
- Now all the bank accounts you have added will be shown in the payment methods.
- Now click on any bank account you want to delete.
- Now go back to the top right by clicking on the menu or three dots and clicking on Remove Payment Method, you can remove the bank account from WhatsApp.